Friday, September 23, 2011

Day TWENTY-SEVEN: Twas the Night Before

Twas the night before weigh in and all through the house, not a creature was stiring, not even my spouse.
The children, at the football game, way before bed, had visions of a Wheaton victory dancing in their head.
And Deanna in her fleece and I in my jeans had just watched Mao's Last Dancer and I was feeling the effect of a bean.


When out in the kitchen there rose such a clatter, I sprang from my swivel chair to see what was the matter.
Away to the counter I flew like a flash, ran into a chair, and knocked over the trash.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear but mounds of grains, piles of sugars, and even cold beer!!!

Yes folks, the hallucinations are starting and I am now counting down the hours till my official four week weigh-in, bod pod, and measurements...and the celebration that will commence as soon as it is over!!!  I've been craving, really craving some sweets tonight!!! I need to get to bed so Christmas (read French Market, Juicy-Os, pecan pie, pizza) will get here sooner!


...and I heard him exclaim as he flew out of sight, "Keep fighting the fight, it's almost night!"



No comments:

Post a Comment