Friday, September 16, 2011

Day NINETEEN: Falafel

Ever notice how foods you've never or rarely eaten all of a sudden become standard fare on a diet? That's the way it's been with falafel.

falafel ( fə-lä-fəl ) a spicy mixture of ground vegetables (as chick-peas or fava beans) formed into balls or patties and then fried

So the other day I'm talking to Mark who is also following this diet about the difficulty of cravings in the evening before sleep takes over. For him he's a night owl and has a much longer time to endure than me! Since I get up at 4:40 am I'm exhausted by 9:30 pm! But to the point...


I was looking for something that was "snack like" and something that I could "chew on" and something that wouldn't be too high in calorie or fat or carb. I also needed something that was quick and easy - no prep!
And falafel fits all these bills. My favorite way to have them is to serve a dollop of humus with it and treat it like chips and dip! A little red wine with this and I'm all set to satisfy my craving and to feed my metabolism before bed.

I had been talking to Mark about this and he decided to give it a try...unfortunately he missed that one little word on the packaging that said "mix"...yeah...not such a good idea to make your own at 10:30pm! Instead get to your local Costco and buy a package of  Falafel Republic. There are 32 pieces that will take care of you for two weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment