Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day ELEVEN: Temptations and the Power of Plus One

You may hate me for saying this, but really, for the most part, I've not been that tempted to cheat. You know, that classic sneaking out of bed, raiding the fridge and eating a huge piece of chocolate cake in the middle of the night thing? Not an issue. Fixing bagels for the boys in the morning and having just an "itsy-bitsy" piece myself? Nope.

But what has been like a freight train hitting me has been finishing my lunch at work and wanting, no, NEEDING, a chocolate chip cookie...or a piece of chocolate...or maybe just a little bite of something sweet! This happened Wednesday. I had a delicious lunch of sliced turkey, tuna-bean salad, humus and cucumbers. I was full and satisfied. I really didn't want more....until about 60 seconds after I finished.

And here is where the "power plus one comes" - I got to my desk and had an email from Don saying that he was sitting in a terribly boring meeting (don't tell his boss) and on the table in front of him was candy, nuts, crackers, cheese...all pleading for him to eat out of boredom! On the heels of that email came Chad's saying that he had just walked out of a meeting where a free lunch of Jimmy John's was provided - including a cookie!!!

Both guys said NO...as did I to my NEED of a chocolate chip cookie. It really felt good to know that I was not doing this alone...that we could make good food choices and survive...AND...that Saturday was coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment