Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day TWENTY-ONE: A Not-Too-Wild Cheat Day

Despite the fact that my last cheat day's blog entry was the most read yet, I decided that a more reasoned approach to the day was in order. I've been encouraged by the direction I'm headed and don't want to undo all my hard work. I know I need to spike the caloric intake, and I know I've done that, but in a way I feel better about what I ate today.

My day started, as it did last week, in the French Market. I just can't seem to get enough of the crumb cake.

But instead of getting multiples of the delicious offerings at this bakery, I limited my selection to ONE piece. It was enough to enjoy with my coffee while sitting in the sun and chatting with the lady who told us about her therapy dogs. Deanna and I strolled the market and bought fresh veggies to make a ratatouille for this week.


Lunch took me back to Jack Straws where my taste buds were anxious for a second round of the Stallone Manburger and fries.  Dessert consisted of the chocolate cake that I had saved from yesterday.


Dinner was with my sweetheart at "The Bank" a local restaurant where my splurges included bread with cheese spread, potato soup, and risotto served with my Argentinian flank steak washed down with a Two Brothers ale.

So all in all, not lots of cheating, but I thoroughly enjoyed my day and was glad I was not feeling like I was being driven to fill every spare moment consumed with food consumption...I think that is a good thing. Oh, and there was that final piece of pecan bar and short bread spread with peanut butter. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment