Monday, September 12, 2011

Day FIFTEEN: Back At It

Let's be honest, yesterday's post was what most people on diets dream of doing but never have the nerve to do and think they will have any chance of loosing weight. To be really honest, I wonder as well. By the end of the day the scale said I was up four pounds from the morning. It's not really a good measure, but when you're on a diet you like numbers that go DOWN!

I keep reminding myself this is an experiment, so I'm cool with it and pressing on in this great experiment. Sooooooo.........Sunday morning I was back to good protein and beans and veggies for breakfast-lunch-dinner-snack.


Sunday was also my prep day for the week, so it was all chopping in the kitchen. By popular demand I made the Bacon-Slaw (see earlier posting for the recipe). I also made a new cold broccoli salad. The recipe is one we've done countless times over our 25 years of marriage, but without the cheese, raisins, and sugar...I'm afraid it may also be without the taste....we'll see. And finally I made (well, I started - note the green peppers - and Deanna finished) a chili that is out of this world. I'd share the recipe, but my sister made me swear on our grandmothers grave I would not share with ANYONE outside our family!!!


My compatriots were also doing some cooking and will be sharing this week. I've heard rumors of more dal, beans, and chicken...I think we'll be well supplied! I'm just finishing up last weeks sharing frenzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment