Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day SEVEN: DGW (Diet Gone Wild)

Each year my family takes a trip to the beach on Lake Michigan to celebrate the end of the summer and beginning of school. It’s a great time as a family hanging out on the beach, playing board games at night, and ALWAYS eating lots of fun foods! So last night while my family was downing chips, combos, elephant ears with Nutella and washed down with cold milk and Sobes I thought, “hang in there, your day is coming!”

Well it has indeed arrived and I was one of the first to stand at the Union Pier Bakery counter making my selection! I walked out with a box filled with Apple Fritters, Cinnamon swirls, Cheese pinwheels, and for me: two Pecan rolls! I hastened back and poured myself a tall glass of milk and a cup of coffee. My kids laughed at my big smile as I bit into that fresh pecan roll…….yummmmmmmmmmmmm! No eggs, no beans, no salad….just pure flour and sugar!

After a morning at the beach I was ready for lunch and enjoyed a turkey sandwich (what was that white stuff holding it all together? A croissant you say? Oh yeah, bring it on!) accompanied with a ton of lime tortilla chips and washed with a FUZE (first two ingredients: water and sugar!) By the time I was done I honestly wasn’t feeling all that good. The bread did nothing to excite me. The drink was tasty, but left me thirsty. But I was not about to slow down. Dessert was waiting.


At work we have a Pie Club (more on that later) so I had set my piece aside on Wednesday and now enjoyed my piece of apple-cranberry French pie (thanks Ben G.). A glass of milk washed it down along with a handful of chocolate covered blueberries (hey its filled with antioxidants!).

This afternoon at the beach I’m looking forward to some grapes, nuts, and any other salty goodie I can down. Tonight I’ll chow on chicken Alfredo and we’ll go to the local ice cream parlor and choose from a huge selection of all the things that will spike my sugar levels! Before I go to bed I’ve been informed that we’ll be eating nachos…and thus will end my first DGW day!

I already feel bloated and am looking forward to getting back to my diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment