Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day TWENTY-FIVE: It's Not So Hard

Question: If you were sitting in a room filled with eight people all eating fresh home made pecan pie with whipped cream and you were on a diet, would you cheat? Be honest...would that be hard for you?


If you asked me that question a few months ago I'd have to say that most likely I'd have to have just a little piece! But today was "Pie Day" and I found myself sitting there, happy to be with others, and not HAVING to have a piece. Now don't get me wrong - I made sure to get a piece that I've put away for Saturday's Diet Gone Wild day.

What I find interesting is that even though I love sweets...heavens, I'm the one who started the Pie Club...I can choose to not have any and be OK with it. I like not HAVING to eat something if I don't want to eat it (right then). Too often in the past I felt like I really wasn't choosing...it was like I had to live up to my self-professed title of "Sweets Lover."

Do I still love sweets?   YES!
Will I continue to eat sweets?   YES!
But...will I CHOOSE how much to eat of them and when?   YES!

It's not as hard as I thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment