Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day FOURTEEN: I Heart Cheat Days

WARNING THIS POST MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE ON RESTRICTIVE DIETS THAT DO NOT ALLOW CHEATING!!!

OK, if you're still reading than we'll assume you are prepared for the veritable cheating buffet of which I partook...wait a second...it's 11:27pm and need to get a piece of blueberry pie and ice cream...be back in a minute.

Before launching into this day I was sure to get a good dose of protein under my belt with eggs and turkey sausage. But then it was straight to the French Market (an outdoor food frenzy in my hometown) for some items to help me spike my caloric intake.


Let's just say that the French have served us well in the food category! Now less you think I ate everything in this picture, let me set you straight...I left a few donuts for the boys.

The temperature was on the rise and I had just finished posting Pride in Preservation signs and was ready for something cold and fruity...I had Jamba in mind, but I was running late for Ben's soccer game and McD's was a faster choice so I grabbed a strawberry-banana smoothie. Not bad considering the source!

By the time the game ended at 1:00, my danish frenzy had worn off and I was hungry and ready for lunch...I was thinking burger and fries would fit my craving. As we passed Jack Straws I knew this was the place!


They call it the MANBURGER (sorry Julie, I know that you could eat it too)...more specifically, this is the Stallone Manburger with two patties, cheese, grilled onions, bacon, hot peppers,and  marinara sauce! Oh my, so good, and so big I even shared some with Deanna. The fries that accompanied it were out of this world!!!

It was a good thing after lunch Deanna went into "let's rearrange the 200 year old heavy mahogany furniture in our bedroom" mode. I needed something to burn some of these calories I was consuming! But wait...the day is quickly passing and I'm running out of time to be bad...better call Don and Julie...


5:00 was the time we decided that some beer and appetizers were in order. A Cheddar Bacon dip with white flour french bread toasted to perfection were a nice accompaniment to two hand selected brews from the cold regions of Don's garage fridge!

Are you full yet? I'm not...dinner was on it's way and I knew that Deanna had a special one planned for me! Steak on the grill, backed potato with sour cream and cheese, corn on the cob and iced tea!


That was one yummy meal, and not really that "bad" if you cut the potato...and the ice tea....and the butter on the corn...oh and the Green Fin...

But the main event was yet to happen. When I walked into the kitchen, what should my wondering eyes behold, but a beautiful blueberry pie and aroma to match!


For those of you that have blessed enough to have one of Deann's homemade pies, you know that goodness was awaiting me! OK, I'll give you a hint:


But before I could get my hands on this I had some work to do and settled into my comfy chair with laptop and burned up some calories working the keyboard...and the text on my phone that kept interrupting me...what? again? "Chad, why are you inviting me over to you house for CAKE??? It's 9:00 already...what? it's for your daughter's birthday and your wife, a Cordon Blue Chef, made a lemon poppy seed cake? OK, I can support you my friend...be right over..."


Happy Birthday Sophie...
and Happy Diet Gone Wild day to me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! That is a lot of food. I wish i was eating with you this day. . . not the others. . .just this day. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete