Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day TEN: Rescue Mission

I love my co-dieters. After receiving my text where I was whining about having no food to eat this coming week and the certain doom and destruction that would commence I got a call:

Don: John, hang in there, you’ll make it. We’ll figure this out.

John: But I have no food, no plan, I gotta make something.

Don: Relax, we’ve got you covered. I’m at the store now getting stuff.

John: OK, but what should I make?

Don: We’re doing a Tuna/Bean salad and a white bean salad…how about you make a veggie side?

John: perfect, I’ll do that!


And like that, life was good. I decided (OK, this was Deanna’s idea) to make a cold pea salad that we’ve done before. Peas, bacon, red onion, eggs, and a curry dressing – all mixed and sitting together for a good long time in the fridge makes this salad better with time! In the midst of making it I got a knock on the door and there were my padres with food in hand for the week! Mini quiches (thanks Chad & Rene’), the afore mentioned bean salads (thanks Don & Julie), plus humus and dhal (thanks Doug & Nadine) are all now tucked away in my fridge waiting for consumption.


Cold Pea Salad
frozen peas (approx. 28 total ounces)
one medium red onion diced
6 slices of cooked bacon diced
6 hard boiled eggs diced
3/4 -1 cup mayonnaise
2-3 teaspoons curry powder
Salt & pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment