Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day TWENTY: In Between

It's a Friday and I'm on the scale with the needle in the same spot as the last three days! I thought by now I'd have lost another pound. "Whatever" I say to myself, "this is not about weight...so get over it." I do.

I shower and get dressed...and then realize that my normal belt position feels loose...I go to the next hole in the belt and it is a bit tight. And it hits me - I'm "in between." That place where the belt really tells the true story of the diet. My body composition is changing after all. Damn the scale, praise the belt!

I happily move through the rest of the day with the assurance that all is well. Our company's bank springs for lunch and I successfully say "NO" to the Portillo's chocolate cake offered and stick to the Italian Beef and salad.


I cut myself a piece of the cake and decide that I'll have it on my cheat day which is around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment