Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day EIGHT: Harder than I thought

I was wondering how easy or hard today would be after having anything I wanted to eat yesterday. At the end of the day I was looking forward to getting back to my diet, but this morning when I went to the bakery to get the kids treats I found it challenging to stay the course. But instead I had veggie eggs, beans, and turkey sausage. I’m finding that a cup of coffee after breakfast helps to satisfy my sweet tooth.


It was a chilly overcast morning at the beach, so we took a drive up the Red Arrow High way and checked out several antique malls. I found the “perfect” globe for my collection…but one little problem, it was a mere $275. If that isn’t enough to make you want a donut, I don’t know what will! But once again, I resisted the urge and had turkey, black beans and a few falafel for lunch.

The weather cleared and was nice enough to spend it reading at the beach. I picked up Timothy Ferris book, The Four Hour Work Week before coming and have been intrigued with his thoughts on how to dramatically alter your work/life habits. This book was written before he wrote, The Four Hour Body. I liked his story about eating 12 cupcakes on his cheat day…seems like I was going very conservatively yesterday!

Dinner (Chili with beans and slaw) was delicious, even without the sour cream and cheese toppings, but having to pass on the bacon cheddar dip for the appetizer was! Harder yet was going to get ice cream with the family and not getting any! I really think that if I had not had any the night before I would not have wanted it as badly as I did tonight. But hey, there is always coffee…so that’s what I’m sipping on now as I write today’s post.

No comments:

Post a Comment