Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day SEVENTEEN: Real Simple, really

Let's face it...when you're tired and hungry the easiest thing in the world is to open a bag of chips and start eating! So how can I accomplish that same simplicity with this diet?

The secret...are you ready for this...it's one word...PREPARATION.

With a little time investment on the weekend I can have food in Tupperware containers that are as easy to open as a bag of chips.


Case in point. Last night I got home from work and was uber hungry (as usual) but was not able to eat what the rest of the family was having. I went to the fridge and pulled out four Tupperware containers and started to scoop stuff out: tuna/bean salad, black bean balls with humus, yellow peppers on a bed of lettuce (Deanna did have that already done as part of the family dinner).

It took me a max of 59 seconds to do this...sometimes it takes longer to tear open one of those safety-sealed bags of chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment