Friday, October 28, 2011

Days 61-63: Extra Credit

After last weekend I knew I had my work cut out for me. Gaining too much weight over the weekend didn’t put me in a good spot for tomorrows Bod Pod evaluation. So I’ve been working really hard to make good choices this week.
But I’ve felt caught in a dilemma. On the one hand I have a very clear goal and I’m seeing results. The importance to me to hit my goal is high. On the other hand I like sweets. Good sweets. And this week I’ve had two days in a row of tempting options.

Wednesday was “pie day” for our monthly pie club at work. Yes, we really do have a pie club at work! Cathy brought in a Paula Deen Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream. OK, that sentence had many words that I REALLY like! I decided I’d cut a piece and save it for my cheat day (Saturday). But I couldn’t let everyone else around me ohh and ahh over the pie so I had three small bites to taste it. I savored each bite and it was delicious. I took it back to my desk and in the late afternoon I had a few more bites…just to keep my metabolism going (it’s amazing what we tell ourselves).

Thursday Anne brought in a cake iced with the most delicious vanilla bean butter cream you’ve ever put in your mouth. Wow, that would have tasted great with my coffee. But this time I cut a piece and put it in a Tupperware container to keep it fresh for Saturday. I was glad I made that choice. Now I can look forward to enjoying it tomorrow.

Today is Friday, so Jan will be showing up with donuts or bagels, or some other high-carb treat to celebrate the end of the week. At least I don’t feel tempted. I made a pot of coffee and will enjoy some fresh ground Peruvian SHG by I Have a BEAN. I'll enjoy the goulash that Don made for lunch (as I did yesterday) and will have a big salad for dinner tonight.
So I’d say, I get some extra credit this week. I’ve stuck to my diet and have said NO to things that normally I would have gone back for seconds! My hope is that my “gold star” will come in the form of the Bod Pod operator telling me my body fat percent has dropped from the last measurement. If so, then my food choices will have been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment