Thursday, October 20, 2011

Days 50-54: The New Normal

Sunday was a big day - my 50th day on the march to 12%. That's kinda big I think. There's lots of people that never do anything for 50 days straight, right? Shoot, some people don't even brush their teeth for 50 days straight! So what better way to celebrate than with a party. Thanks to Alex we had a family birthday lunch at his Aunt's already arranged. The sad part for me was missing out on my sister's homemade pizzas!


Instead I loaded up on salad, a left-over chicken stew and the grilled veggie toppings available for the pizza. It was a delicious and low-carb meal that was appropriate for celebrating my 50th day!

The rest of this week has settled into a routine that is now my new normal. Up at 4:40, work out at 5:00, pull Tupperware out of the fridge at 6:00, and then eat a tasty protein-rich breakfast (I usually nuke several turkey sausage besides what comes out of the food containers). Bam, the fat starts burning and I'm ready for the day!

I knew my week was going to be very full and that I'd have no time to cook, so a text to my friends yielded "no worries, we've got you covered" and four different food options (and then soup arrived two days later)! I love this kind of dieting - it is the ONLY way to do it. I talked with a guy at work who has been trying to do this diet but without the benefit of a food-support-network. Guess what? Not working too well. In the press of life it's too hard to always have the right foods on hand and then you "have to" cheat.


No comments:

Post a Comment