Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 36: Beach and Beans

I think I could eat beans the rest of my life...if I ate them AT THE BEACH!!!


I enjoyed an hour at the beach this morning watching the sun come up while my dad fished and Deanna did some yoga. Having my toes in the sand is one of my favorite things in life, and now that my parent's have moved south, I plan on sandy toes more frequently!

When we got back to the house I quickly made up a tri-bean salad that has become a staple for this diet. Very simply mix:

1 can of kidney beans
1 can of garbanzo beans
1 can of black beans
celery, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion - all diced
salt & pepper
balsamic vinegar

Stir and serve with some eggs and sausage and you're on your way to less fat...and if your lucky more beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment