Sunday, October 23, 2011

Days 56-58: Marriage and Diet Retreat

No, I'm not quiting my diet, I just had an extended DGW! My excuse is that I was with my wife at a Marriage Retreat (sorry to burst your bubble) that made sticking to the diet a challenge. I took dinner with me for Friday evening so I was able to complete my week successfully. Unfortunatly there were no scales to weigh in Saturday morning so I'm not sure where I was at my eight week mark.
Saturday I joyful woke up knowing that I was eating out for three meals and that there would be some new places to check out. The first was breakfast at The Original Bagel and Bialy www.originalbagelandbialy.com in Buffalo Grove. A Jewish deli that provided an avacado-jalapeno omelet, potatoe pancake, a bialy (like a bagel but different), and challah bread french toast!



For lunch we went to Buffalo Resturant and Ice Cream Parlor  (also in Buffalo Grove) which is a Greek resturant with 1001 options on their menu. But the real reason I choose this palce had to do with the parlor! My burger was fair to poor, but the pecan hot fudge sundae piled with whipped cream was divine!!!

By the time dinner rolled around I was still stuffed...the cookies in the afternoon didn't help...so we chilled in the evening and then headed out at 9:00 to Winberie's (I'd highly reccomend this to you!)(www.selectrestaurants.com/cafew/buffalogrove.php) for a light snack. I had a delicious Point Belgian White ale to go with the pita chips and artichoke dip. And then not feeling quite full decided to end my cheat day with a piece of bannana cream pie. If I only knew then what I now know...

...that come this morning I'd be heading into a day where I was not prepared to eat "on diet." I was still "retreating" and so breakfast consisted of a cup of coffee and a chocolate chip cookie. Not exactly fat burning.

We went to Chili's for lunch with friends and I manged to do fairly with choosing a salad and ribs. But the cookie in the afternoon wasn't exactly fat free!

We left the Retreat and headed home. The boys asked us to pick up dinner so we opted for the Village Tavern where I got a burger...yes, it had cheese on it...and a bun...and yes, I had some fries with it...oh and yes that was a Spotted Cow that paired so nicely with it...hmmmm this day wasn't ending very well.

So here's the truth - I had a retreat...to improve my marriage...and from my diet...I'm motivated to improve my marraige and I'm motivated to get back on my diet and make good choices this coming week. Next Saturday I will step into the bod pod so I'm highly motivated to eat well this week. I've worked too hard to let it all go to pot now!


No comments:

Post a Comment