Thursday, October 13, 2011

Days 44-47: Yes, I'm still Dieting!

To my countless fans I need to assure you I am still on my diet despite the dearth of blogs the last two weeks. Life has been a bit crazy with travel, buying a rental house (do you know anyone who needs a house to rent starting in January 2012?), work, Leadership Project planning, helping two of my kids complete applications/registrations for college, and the list goes on!

Despite all of that I got back on the wagon this week and started eating strictly on my NO Grain, Sugar, or Dairy diet. Our group did some food swapping this weekend and into the week (thanks for the lentils and beef I got this morning, Nadine).

For breakfast I've been having the spinach quiche, bacon slaw, and kidney bean and kale "stew." It is the most savory, tasty breakfast foods you'll ever have. It beats a bagel any day!

Things were going along swimmingly when my son decided to throw in his 18th birthday yesterday! His request was Village Tavern chicken fingers (if you've never had them don't scoff) and his favorite dessert - a strawberry-chocolate-whipped cream cake!!!


Now just to show you the kind of father I am, I was willing to have a mini-mid-week-diet-gone-wild-cake-eating just for my son! I'm not bragging, I'm just saying I was willing to do this for him! The light fluffy cake layered with thick chocolate and fresh strawberries and mounds of whipped cream was a sacrifice I was willing to make!

Never to fear, my CrossFit workout this morning kicked butt and I burned off any fat that was consumed last night! Phew...at least I should be holding my new base line...which is now 160 lbs and about 16 percent body fat.









No comments:

Post a Comment