Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 64: THIRTEEN-POINT-EIGHT

I was shocked, to put it mildly, with my results today! I knew that I had been keeping to the diet and had said “no” to lots of goodies in the last five weeks, but I also knew that I had extended cheat days and had allowed myself a few treats along the way. I KNEW that I’d be in the 15% range (I was at 16.3% five weeks ago). I HOPED to be at 15.5%. I WISHED to be at 15.3% (I had lost .9% in the first four weeks, certainly with a five weeks I could drop one whole percent!).
When you measure your body fat using the Bod Pod you first step on the scale.  Hearing I’d lost 6 lbs from the last time was expected. My pants are all falling off me without a belt so I knew that I was headed in the right direction. But it was a SHOCK when I stepped out of the Bod Pod to see the results on the computer screen – 13.8% body fat!!!  I never would have thought that I would drop that much.

8/27/2011
9/24/2011
10/29/2011
LOSS
weight
172 lbs
166 lbs
160 lbs
12 lbs
waist
37"
35"
33.5"
3.5"
% fat
17.2%
16.3%
13.8%
3.4%

 While talking to the technician, who has been running these tests for us, he said that often it takes the body a bit to recalibrate and that once it senses the new diet you see greater results weeks into the diet. It makes me wonder if people would hang in there longer with weight loss programs if they would be encouraged to keep at it. I know I certainly am!!!

To celebrate; Don (who did not test because he has cheated WAY too much this month), Chad (who dropped an amazing 3.7%), and I promptly headed for Juicy-O (www.juicyo.com ). Yes, that heavenly breakfast establishment where they bring you donuts instead of rolls. It took a while to figure out what I wanted, but it was worth the wait…a delicious eggs, potato pancakes with sausage gravy and sausage was the start and was finished off with shared cinnamon roll and creme brulee French toast.


What a great way to start my cheat day (cheat weekend actually – there is a deep dish pizza coming Sunday night)!!!  So I’ll be moderating my cheating so I don’t undo all my hard work to get to this place. It makes me wonder how much longer it will be till I hit my 12% goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment