Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 55: Celebration worthy of Carbs

Thursday was a strange day. My work day started with face planting while coming into my office and ended with a bicyclist darting in front of me for a near fatality! I was rattled...but during a men's group that I'm a part of I did some "good work" and the guys wanted to celebrate with me! So I was obliged to accompany them to the Lucky Monk. Lucky me!


They have their own Oktoberfest brew on tap so I skipped the beans for my carbs and went straight for the hops. Some Fish-n-Chips (minus the chips) was the perfect pairing.

I must admit that although I conscientiously made the decision to celebrate and go off-diet a bit, I feel guilty. I feel like I'm flushing the whole diet down the tubes when in reality I've choosen more carbs than usual and will make up the gap in the days to come. Maybe I won't hit my 12 percent as soon, but I will have let myself live a little in the meanwhile.

One last lesson learned came at the end of my meal when Bob offered me some of his caramel-apple bake with ice cream. I knew I didn't want all that he was offering, but one spoonful (one teaspoon sized spoonful) was all I took...and needed...and really wanted. I was content with that little sweet and a chance to see if I'd have that dessert in the future. I don't have to binge to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment