Saturday, October 15, 2011

Days 48-49: Little jump on Cheat Day!

Hmmm...seems to me that there's been a little more cheating going on these days! Loose fitting pants certainly gives me a good excuse though! When my wife starts rapping "pants on the ground" I feel free to start my cheat day Friday night! But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Yesterday (day 48) was a beautiful day in Normal, IL where my daughter and I spent the day zig-zagging across the ISU campus getting her registered for classes, selecting dorms and meal plans, sitting in on financial sessions (yikes!) and taking in the vibe of campus.


The campus is a mix of old (note castle in the background) and new (their sports-rec center is beautiful). And when it comes to food, I was impressed with their offerings! We ate in the Watterson Dinning Commons and it was cafeteria on steroids. You name the ethnic cuisine and it was there! Italian, Chinese, Greek, American, Mediterranean...

As much as I wanted to break my diet I was good and made a huge salad with beans and at another station I choose two skinless chicken breast fresh off the grill. Katherine is on a one week detox and she sat there drinking her liquid lunch (maple syrup, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, water). What a pair we made amongst the others with plates piled with cheese fries and burgers!

By dinner I was ready to start my cheat day early, so I had a piece of pizza and a beer. I was ready to get into "weekend mode." It tasted great and I enjoyed the pizza...took it in...and a cold beer (an artisan Wisconsin: Pikes Amber) was just right.

I also enjoyed some eye-candy food while watching The Help with Deanna and Katherine! If I lived in the South I'd be in trouble!!! Fried Chicken, sweet tea and the like isn't exactly great on keeping body fat low!

This morning I hit the French market and enjoyed a crisp Fall morning perusing my options! A stop at I Have a BEAN coffee (www.ihaveabean.com) got me started off well to then select a chocolate tartlet from the nun, crumb cake from the German bakery, and cinnamon sugar donuts from the college guys earning tuition money...I love supporting them!


We'll see how the rest of the day unfolds...I'm enjoying it so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment