Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 150: The Unjustice of Cookies

I deserve a medal. A BIG one!

Yesterday I came home from work and was greeted by that most delicious aroma of fresh baked cookies wafting from the kitchen! This was no little wafting...it was a tidal-waft of rich, sweet, warm goodness.

My son, who is now done with his wrestling season (did I mention his 18 win 3 loss season?) had no practice so decided to fill his afternoon baking with his friend! A boy after my own heart! That's all great. But when you're on a diet that does not allow butter, flour, or sugar, you are out of luck!

So I sat through dinner staring at those crispy edged, soft middle circles of temptation just begging me to have ONE, just ONE. I then watched Ben and Cooper prepare a butter icing (yeah, more butter and sugar) to pile on top. And then I just couldn't take it any longer - so I left the room!


And now it's the next day, there are some left on a plate covered with Saran wrap waiting to go into the boys lunch today. Well, two of the boys of the house, not mine. Instead I will feast on the knowledge that I dropped a pound yesterday, that I'm keeping to my goal, and that there are cookies in my future...just not right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment