Saturday, April 7, 2012

Life After Beans

I'm done with beans...and while it's been a nice change of pace, I'm observing a few things.

  • First, I'm hungry all the time now! The beans had the affect of both filling me up and slowing the digestion, thus keeping me fuller, longer.
  • Second, the beans made it really easy to put a meal together. Open a can, rinse the beans, put them in your mouth! Can't get much easier than that!
  • Third, I'm realizing that having a clear diet made it easier to keep the course. With this new way of eating, which is "Paleo" there are more options and thus more opportunities for abuse and get off focus of my goal.

               NOTICE: No beans were used in the production of this chicken chopped salad!

Which brings me to my goal - 12 percent body fat. That's what this blog is all about, right?! Supposedly I'm changing up the diet to give a kick to my metabolism and tell it keep burning up the fat.

I've not gotten into the BodPod for a while now because I want to make sure that the next measurement is lower than the last one! I know that my weight is down (I hang out in the low 160s these days) and that all my pants are falling off me. But...has my body fat changed? I think it's time to find out!

My hope is that going Paleo I'll drop some more fat. I'm learning as I go, but here is link that you can check out that will tell you more: http://paleodietlifestyle.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment