Monday, April 30, 2012

Close the Flood Gates!

You know what happens when you open the flood gates? You get flooded! You know what happens when you start to “cheat” Thursday nights…and a bit Friday…and ALL day Saturday and Sunday??? You get flooded with fat! L OK, maybe that is a slight exaggeration, but I weighed in 7 pounds heavier this Monday morning than I did two weeks ago! YIKES! Close the flood gates!!!

This may have contributed to things...

I’d like to tell you that I’m back on track and will not do any more cheating except ONE DAY a week, but the reality is that I leave for Germany and France in two days. Trust me…if left with the option of pursuing a goal of 12% or eating chocolate croissants, pistachio gelato, and local German beers…I can assure you a flat stomach doesn’t have a chance!

In my defense, I was very good at lunch today and opted for a naked burger with a side of broccoli instead of eating the bun and fries. I will eat as clean as a whistle until I arrive in Dusseldorf Thursday night…but after that I’m not responsible for my gastronomical actions! Well, of course I am, but I’d like to believe that I’ve earned a “diet free” week in Europe after eight months of (mostly) denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment