Wednesday, March 7, 2012

When a 50 year Celebration Collides with 12%

Well today was the "big day" the "big 5-0" the "over the hill" day...and I certainly wasn't going to let 12% stand in the way of celebrating! Not like I really had a choice in the matter!
My day started with being kidnapped at 6am by some of my CrossFit buddies and was taken to
Juciy-Os for breakfast.


When I arrived at work I was met with posters that apparently said I was "outta time" but seemed to feature my health and wellness! ha!


I found myself at White Chocolate Grill for lunch with some "old" friends. I enjoyed a grilled chicken sandwich (less the bun) accompanied by grilled beets, goat cheese and nuts with a champagne vinaigrette dressing that was out of this world. We ended with a white chocolate bananna cream pie that we shared.



(Don't you think she looks older than me!?)

When we got back to work I was surprised with a healthy celebration of beans and veggies!

(Carrott cupcakes are veggies...right?)

My wife had 50 daffodills on the table at home where we ate my new favorite: a Stallone Burger from Jack Straws for dinner.



To cap off the day and this 50th birthday celebration, Deanna made me a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting! Let's just say that one bite of this cake puts a party in your mouth!



Well, it was fun while it lasted...tt's back to CrossFit and the diet tomorrow! On Friday I have my annual physical and just hope all this sugar is out of the blood stream by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment