Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Are You Still Blogging?!

Good question! Given the lack of communication I wonder if there is anyone that is still reading this blog! If you are, let me know...I may let this thing quietly go away! Perhaps that is reflective of my current energy around reaching 12%. If you recall this all started September 1st as a "great experiment" - to see if it was possible for a 50 year old man to get to 12% body fat and discover if there really was a six pack underneath that fat after all.

Six months later I'm a lot closer to that goal and I've dropped about 20 lbs. I feel good, like how I'm fitting into my clothes, and know I'm healthier for it. BUT...I'm not at 12% yet. At the last bod pod reading I was still a few percentage points off.

And the "big deadline goal" of my birthday has come and gone. :-(



Now what?!

Do I push on and say, "hey, I'm turning 50 all year long! I've got 12 months to hit this goal!" Do I say, "I'll keep working this hard until I hit the goal, then let up!" Do I not care that much anymore? Is my goal still valid?


When I read things like this (above) I KNOW that I'm wanting to run harder, work harder, keep loosing the fat and reach my goal!!! So if you'll keep reading, I'll keep writing and we can do this together!!!

4 comments:

  1. I read every post, and have really enjoyed walking with you through this journey! Plus I get to be on the blog occasionally, often as the source of a cheat day.

    Regardless of the actual numbers, the process has been great, and has transformed your body. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, the blog has served as a way to stay connected with you from afar...and your so-called diet journey friends! Keep those blogs coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love food pictures! So as long as those keep coming, along with the occasional cameo I'll keep reading. Congrats on this leg of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed reading your blog when you post a link on fb. Today I bookmarked the link to the blog so I can check in regularly. So now, please keep posting. My hubby and I are on a quest to lose the weight we put on during our last furlough and seeing other people's successes helps to motivate us that it IS possible to reverse a half century of poor habits and start eating well and getting fit.
    Alice D.

    ReplyDelete