Sunday, November 20, 2011

Days 80-86: What?! A Week Already?!

My dad always said that the older he got the faster time went by for him. And guess what? It's TRUE! This last week felt like a blink of the eye. So give me a second to think about what this week held for me in my march to 12 percent!

I know that I was determined to be good in what I ate knowing that Thanksgiving was coming, and I'd have to say that I did pretty well. There were some momentous times like the day I said NO to pie at work for our pre-Thanksgiving Pie Day. But there were also times when the guys broke out the pizza and beer and I was sitting there thinking, "and why am I not enjoying myself tonight?" And then there were the 100% perfect meals like Kale and chick peas paired with pork and onion.


But the big news of the week is that my wife and daughter have officially joined me and are following the low carb diet. Which means my food is being eaten more rapidly and we need to come up with some other plans to keep us all in the goods!


For example, this morning in the rush of getting ready for church I discovered no bean and veggie option so I opened some cans and wa-lah, produced a three bean salad that was very tasty with eggs and turkey sausage. To make just mix: 2 cups string beans, 2 cups black beans, 2 cups chick peas, 1/2 cup red and green diced peppers, 2 tablespoons each of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, salt & pepper.

Yesterday for cheat day I did my best to pack in orange juice, an apple, cheese danish, trail mix, a pretzel bread sandwich with chips, soda, fries, a vanilla milk shake, a calzone, beer, chocolate flourless cake with whipped cream, ginger cookies, Butterfingers, and a yummy breakfast of peanut butter-banana-french toast!!! Long Live Cheat Day!!! (I gained four pounds in case you were wondering.)





No comments:

Post a Comment