Sunday, November 13, 2011

Days 76 - 79 Perspective

On the food guilt scale I'm tipping it...my true confession on the last post did little to keep me from continuing to cheat on Thursday when I had pizza and beer with the guys in the evening. Friday I did well, and even went out to lunch with my co-workers to a new BBQ place that opened up by our office.

(...and the winner is.......!!! yeah, BBQ for a year!!!)


Getting my BBQ with no bun and a side of jalapeno beans fit the diet really well, especially the large dill pickle on the side! I liked that Dickey's puts the sauce on the side so you get the pure pork with out all the sweet sauce.

Saturday was "no biggie" as a cheat day, since I had already been grazing in the sugar meadow. I even thought I may skip the day as I hadn't really earned it...but that was a quickly dismissed thought!

I started the day with biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Then after gutting a kitchen, with the help of Ben and Luke, I figured I had earned a "manly" lunch...

so a Stallone burger from Jack Straws with those delicious fries and a root beer was the perfect thing!

In the evening we went to my sister's house to celebrate my wife's and my niece's birthday. We had a delicious smorgasbord and my big cheat was the mashed potatoes where I had a constrained helping...even the seconds... But the highlight of the night was blowing out the candles and cutting into the desserts.


I made a millionaire pie (Deanna's favorite) and my sister made a chocolate flourless (because you can never have too many desserts). Some of you have been lucky enough to have one of my millionaire pies that is "so rich" it is self named.

Today, Sunday, was no exception to my "cheating week" and this afternoon I had a small sliver of the leftover pie because, apparently, I hate to see good food go to waste more than I hate to see love handles. But I have to remember, it's all perspective...right? In the old days I would have had a sweet roll at breakfast and then a large piece of pie...probably two, after lunch. And then after dinner I'd have some other sweet.

Tomorrow is the start of a new week and I'm resolved to make this a non-cheating week! With Thanksgiving coming and heading to Florida I want to save my cheats for another time when they will be "worth it." So if you see me loosing my resolve you have my permission to ask, "so how's that 12 percent goal going?" It's the perspective I want to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment